JOB DESCRIPTION: PROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
Manages and administers the fabrication and erection of structural steel for construction projects, meeting the satisfaction of our clients. Oversees all aspects of construction projects from "award of tender" to "substantial completion."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the planning and scheduling of construction projects as they relate to the Structural Steel trade.
2. Oversees all aspects of management of construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed with fabrication shop and field crews.
3. Reviews and interprets designs, architectural and structural drawings, understanding design intent and can directing steel detailers to prepare drawings to shop standards. Ensures that shop drawings are in compliance with design intent of the project.
4. Establishes performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client and company requirements are being met; prepares project schedules, and plans material purchases.
5. Maintains control of documents, drawing revisions, and change orders.
6. Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to maximize efficiency of fabrication shop and field erection crews.
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Technical Training related to Structural Engineering, Steel Detailing, Civil Engineering Technology or several years experience in the Construction Industry or Steel Fabrication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Knowledge of structural design and planning principles and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively engineers, architects, and tradespersons.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Knowledge of budgeting cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Technical knowledge of structural steel and fabrication.
- Skill in the use of computers, specifically Windows based applications, CAD knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and/or supervision to welders, Iron Workers, and Labourers
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality.
- Ability to foster a cooperative business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skills in workflow analysis and management.
- Ability to make complex operating, administrative, and procedural decisions.
- Ability to perform site inspections and/or approve installations.
- Successful candidate must be willing to submit to a Police Records check
- Possession of a valid driver's license.